Wednesday, July 15, 2009

*sigh* Cosplay Dilemmas

<- not mine =C.
Not about the game, because I'm waiting for Beta Testers to get back to me.

Alright, so here's the scoop. As most people ought to know by now, I'm cosplaying Squall Leonhart this year for Armageddon. It's in October, but I like to be prepared. I know already my sister is not going to have her Inuyasha cosplay done in time, and when I go to Armageddon I'm going to laugh at her.
A lot.

So here's my problems:

Hair. I have natural Squall hair some/most days, but my hair comes almost past my shoulder blades, so unless I was cosplaying his 25-year-old self I don't think I can pull it off. So my next option is a wig. Upon Googling, I found I'm going to have to fork out $40 in American, most likely. My other option is my friend getting me a brown wig and I use a ton of hair gel in it, but I heard hair gel doesn't work to well with wigs. *sigh*.

Gunblade: Not really a problem, but it's another $30 and it's not that good a quality. But I'm not prepared to make my own (I repell costruction materials, except for clothing), so it's going to have to do.

Dissidia?: My biggest problem. Dissidia won't be released in Aus until around Christmas, me thinks, but it's still his latest incarnation and FF fans will probably already know the outfit really well. It won't be too hard to do, I already know how I would do the fur sides and the leather cape-thing, but I'm just not sure about it. Also I probably wouldn't be able to get the Griever belt buckle, which is a problem. However, if I do go as Dissidia Squall, one thing is certain. I LOATHE the way his shirt and necklace are designed, I believe the original FF8 is a lot more elegant and not as rough and choppy. So if I did go down the Dissidia path, only the bottom half of the costume would be incorporated. Not only because I hate the way it's designed, but because the shirt cuts WAAAYYY too far down for me to get away with it, which brings us to my next problem.

My well-endowed chest: *sigh*. I bought $13 bandages the other day, and I'm probably going to have to buy another 2 to get my chest flat enough to pull this off. Guys get it easy when the cosplay girls >=[. Sometimes I wish I was born as a guy. Then being as I am wouldn't be so friggin' complicated >=[.

On a happier note, one of my biggest dilemmas, the belts, has been remedied. I have found a set of great marron belts perfect for the waist belts, and I also know where I can get my leg belts.
I'm not afraid to admit it, but I'll be using dog collars. At least they won't slip down like the ones I got in my costume o.o.

No comments:

Post a Comment